Welcome to Turf Moor – home of Burnley FC
Burnley’s 30-match unbeaten run in 1921 stood as the longest stretch without a defeat in league history until Arsenal bettered it during the 2004/05 campaign.
Burnley moved into Turf Moor in 1883. Only their local rivals Preston North End have occupied the same ground for longer than the Clarets.
Burnley’s 1956 FA Cup fourth-round tie against Chelsea is one of the longest in history. The pair twice drew 1-1, then 0-0, then 2-2, before a 2-0 Chelsea win in the fifth game finally settled it.
The Clarets are only one of three teams to have won all four divisional titles, along with Wolves and Preston North End.
Burnley adopted their famous claret-and-blue strip in 1910, as homage to the great Aston Villa side of the day. Prior to that, they had turned out in a range of different kits, with green, as well as black and amber, being used.
Burnley mascot Bertie Bee became famous for rugby tackling a streaker on the pitch who had evaded the stewards. He went on to appear on ‘They Think It’s All Over’ after the event.
The Clarets became the last-ever champions of the old Fourth Division in 1992 before the league re-organisation. Two years later they won the new Division Two play-offs.
The street on which Burnley’s Turf Moor is situated is named after Harry Potts, the manager who guided the Clarets to the First Division title in 1959/60.
Burnley’s first major honour came in 1914 when they beat Liverpool in the last final to be played at Crystal Palace. The cup final was historic in that King George V became the first reigning monarch to present the cup to the winning captain.